Resources from Consumers Union & Consumer Reports
Health insurance is a difficult purchase for most people. While the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has made things much better, there’s still plenty of confusion. We’ve created California-specific tools and fact sheets to help consumers shopping for and using insurance from California’s health insurance marketplace, Covered California.
Many of these resources are backed by thorough consumer testing to ensure they truly help consumers get the answers they need. Almost all are available in English and Spanish.
Help with shopping through Covered California
Click on the topics below to get answers to your questions:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Enrolling in Covered California
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum: How to Choose the Right Level of Coverage
- Is My Doctor in a Covered California Plan? Why “Networks” Matter
- Covered California Cost-Sharing: Understanding Copayments, Coinsurance, and Deductibles
- Financial Assistance from Covered California
- Reporting Your Income to Covered California
Confused about coverage options?
- Learn how to decode insurance plan information using the Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- More tools for enrollment counselors to help explain insurance concepts like co-pays, deductibles, networks, and more
- Get more of your health insurance questions answered: stay up to date with our blog!
Frustrated by the cost of healthcare and want to learn more?
- Check out our infographics and resources on reining in healthcare costs